As a business owner you have a lot of responsibilities, among those responsibilities you must make sure your business, property, and personal assets are all secured. This includes customers, employees, inventory, parking lots, the building and property. In today’s fast paced society, simple security measures may not be enough to keep your business protected.
Adding video surveillance systems to your business’s security plan is a great way to improve safety in business activities. Security Cameras are a great benefit to business owners in many more ways than just what we traditionally think of when considering a surveillance system. Here are 10 reasons why every business should employ a Security Camera System.
1. Security Camera Systems Reduce Shrinkage and prevent theft: Having security cameras placed strategically throughout a business will help to deter criminals and prevent crimes like employee theft, vandalism, and break-ins. When the average small business loses $25-50k per year due to theft, a well-executed security camera system can help reduce your risks in becoming a target.
2. Increase your employee Productivity with video security systems: It has been proven that with video security systems in place, communications between departments is improved, and employees are more likely to work to their fullest potential when they know they are being monitored.
3. Surveillance Video Resolves Legal Disputes: No matter what type of business you are in, you are likely to run into at least one legal dispute. If the incident happens on the property of the business where video surveillance is in place, security camera video will be able to provide proof of the incident. This video will bring calcification to the entire situation. Video surveillance is an asset to protect your business against false claims. With a well-designed video surveillance system all video will be recorded and digitally stored in the DVR or NVR’s Hard Drive. Additional options such as Cloud Storage are becoming more and more popular as a back-up and redundancy feature.
4. Give your Customer Service a Boost: Employees always do the right thing when you are standing right there, but what about when you are gone? If they know you could be watching at any time with remote video surveillance, your crew will treat your customers like they do when you are there.
5. View your business any-time anywhere with video surveillance: Remote video surveillance allows you or approved employees to monitor critical areas of the business either continuously or from anywhere, by using mobile phones, tablets, desktops or laptops. This means that you as a business owner have direct day to day access to your business’s activities from any device your choose.
6. Prevent Robberies: Having Security cameras clearly visible will prevent robberies, vandalism and a variety of other problems you want to avoid. Anyone seeing a visible security camera will think twice before perpetrating any wrongdoing.
7. Business Surveillance Systems Save Money: Video security is one of the most cost effective ways to secure your business. Business security systems cost less than hiring security officers, and have night vision capabilities to secure your business in any lighting environment. Appropriately place security cameras and motion alerts ensure that only registered employees and guest are allowed into restricted area.
8. Improve Customer Confidence and the Shopping Experience with security cameras: Remember the primary reason to install surveillance equipment is to improve safety and security. When a store has a security system customer confidence is improved, and you as a business owner now have the tools necessary to study customer’s shopping habits, you can use this information to optimize traffic patterns in your store, creating a more inviting environment for your customers.
9. Training Tools: More and more business owners are using their Surveillance Camera System as a training tool. Observing real time actual performance and using positive reinforcement goes a long way to teaching employees the right way to do things to run a successful business.
10. Peace of Mind: Paramount for the Business Owner, the ability to have Peace of Mind and be able to see exactly what is happening at your business from anywhere, at any time, just by picking up your smart phone and accessing your Surveillance System. This can be especially helpful when owning multiple locations or during travel.
Through proper implementation, the business owner, the business and the employees all benefit from a Surveillance Camera System. The next step is finding the right system to fit your needs. For that, just call the trusted pro’s at Ellipse Security. They will work with you to find the ultimate solution to fit your needs as well as your budget!